Sunday, May 3, 2009

Beetle car wedding topper

This was what I made at a Debbie Brown workshop yesterday. There were twenty of us all making a Beetle car with a bride and groom. It was hard to get it all done in the time we had so I had to finish it this morning at home.The design is in her new book "Dream Wedding Cakes". Mine looks like it's got a flat tyre because I should have left it longer to harden more before I attached it to the car. Adding the boot and cans to the bumper with thread was extremely fiddly and time-consuming,but definitely adds to the charm of the piece. I reckon my couple must have parked up,otherwise he certainly isn't keeping his eyes on the road! It is hard to see from the photo but I dusted the car with snowflake lustre powder and added some white magic sparkles to the headlights too.Debbie Brown makes modelling hands and faces seem so simple but I've got years of practice to get to that stage...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, i love your cake topper, i don't suppose you would do one for me? i have looked every where for a bride & groom in a beetle car.

Please email me, if you are intrested:

lisa.hayward@thebigword.com

Lisa