Saturday, October 4, 2008

Suitcase cake


I just love making cakes. A friend asked me if I could make a cake for someone who was emigrating to Australia. She wanted a chocolate cake and so I thought a suitcase cake would work.I found it hard to make the right shade of blue for the flag.This was one of the earlier cakes that I did before I discovered all the amazing tools and equipment available to cake decorating fanatics, so this probably took me lots longer to make than necessary. All those little stitch marks on the straps done individually with a cocktail stick before I found that most wonderful stitching wheel tool.
It was after this effort that I decided to enroll on some courses to improve and learn more about the fascinating world of sugarcraft.

2 comments:

Derek Murphy said...

this is cute. I'm looking for images to use for a book cover, would it be ok to use this?

Jandoe said...

Derek, no problem. Love to see a picture of the cover if you do it, and a mention of where it came from would be good