Friday, July 29, 2011

21st Birthday Cake

This is a 10" sponge cake with jam and butter cream fillings. I was asked to model Sophie on the cake but her Mum also requested ribbon, flowers, a sparkly 21 sign and certain items around the cake. The birthday girl is also a mother and drives, so I included a set of car keys with a "best Mum" keyring attached. The chosen colour scheme was peaches and cream although I had to model some items in contrasting colours otherwise they wouldn't stand out. The board itself is iced in soft peach then rolled over with a silk pin to add texture. I had a photograph of Sophie to follow so I hope she can see some resemblance and finds it flattering. The champagne bottle candle was a finishing touch to the final cake, which they can light at the celebration party.

No comments: