Sunday, February 8, 2009

Hippo in a spa

As a member of the British Sugarcraft Guild you can attend monthly demonstrations, and also you can pay to participate in workshop days run by various talented sugarcrafters. Yesterday I spent a most enjoyable day at a Maisie Parrish workshop. This cake was what each of us made, although every one looked slightly different. Maisie was a lovely lady with a great sense of humour. I have admired her style and in fact the cake on my blog heading was based on one of Maisie's designs from one of her books called Cakes with Character. My hippo is a bit darker grey than I wanted so I would make it lighter next time, although I would worry about insulting someone by giving them a fat hippo cake!?She is sweet though, I think I'll name her Harriet.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi - I couldn't find a contact page so I thought I'd leave a comment.
I'd love to use your photo on our blog at blog.hippomojo.com. Can you contact me about it? Thanks!